TEDxCity2.0 Viewing + Discussion + Happy Hour will occur from 6pm – 8pm on Friday Sept 20th. Hosted at Elwoods Gastro Pub, this event will broadcast three (3) TEDxCity2.0 talks. Each talk will be followed by a short discussion session based on how the information presented relates to Miami.
Join us in thought sharing, discussing and visioning a better Miami. This event is free.
TEDxCity2.0 is a day-long initiative that gathers TEDx communities from around the world to host events highlighting local urban innovators, organizers, stewards and builders. Speakers at these events will focus on City 2.0 themes including Art, Education, Food, Health, Housing, Play, Public Space and Safety.
Coinciding with TEDCity2.0 — a TED-hosted event that will focus on how bright urban ideas turn into collective impact — TEDxCity2.0 gathers TEDx communities across the globe to envision the cities of our future and share big ideas about sustainable solutions and collaborative action.
This will likely be the real estate event of the year. Check out the A-list panelists that ULI has brought together for this 1/2 day event at the Four Seasons.
Click here to register.
Click here to view a list of attendees and come prepared to network with the who’s who of real estate in Miami.
Attend the Sustainable Authentic Conference, October 23-25, 2013 in Miami Beach. The conference will bring together leaders from Greater Miami and throughout Florida to examine the work in preservation/conservation, arts and culture, green building/sustainability practices, economic development and quality of life.
- · How has the 35-year-old story of creatively inspired economic renewal of Miami Beach influenced the Mia mi mainland and elsewhere in Florida?
- · What becomes the metro Miami narrative when viewed through 2,000 years of history from the Miami Circle to Art Basel?
- · At a time when Florida’s main markets for tourism and investment grow increasingly urban, place-focused and creative driven, how might urban Florida better tell its own authentic story?
Also, please be sure to check out the session titled:
Views on the Miami Metro Narrative, featuring:
Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk, FAIA, principal, Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company
Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk FAIA is a global practitioner of smart growth, sustainable development, community planning, and a founding board member of the New Urbanism, already in 1993, the year of the movement’s founding, characterized by The New York Times as “the most important phenomenon to emerge in American architecture in the post Cold War era.”
Join the inquiry. Improve our outlook. Improve Florida.
- · Register today
- · Spread the word
- · Attend and engage
Members of local co-sponsoring organizations are eligible for a special three day conference rate of $125, including the entire program, hosted meals and special offerings and events.
WHO: The Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County’s Green Room Society (GRS). GRS is a group of social influencers who serve as ambassadors and philanthropic supporters for the Arsht Center and who are engaged as active leaders in Miami’s arts community.
WHAT: The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Green Room Society (GRS) is launching its 2013-14 season with a VIP rooftop event hosted alongside Haute Living Magazine. 100 percent of the funds raised by GRS support the Arsht Center’s free educational programming and community events.
The GRS kick-off event at FIFTY Ultra Lounge Miami will feature a poolside performance by synchronized swimming group Verso Performance and sounds by DJ Danny Stern and DJ Corey Chase. Enjoy light bites by FIFTY Ultra Lounge and complimentary cocktails provided by SX Liquors.
WHERE: FIFTY Ultra Lounge at Viceroy Miami
435 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131
WHEN: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 from 7:00-10:00 pm
THIS IS A FREE EVENT.
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org Required
Looks like it’s going to be a pretty cool event, DecoBike will be there so you can check out all the art on two wheels. Here’s some more information I received about the event…
After a successful inaugural year, the Miami Downtown Development Authority (Miami DDA) is working once again in tandem with a variety of arts and cultural institutions to highlight the area’s cultural renaissance through its second annual DWNTWN Art Days Event. The Miami DDA, through Creative Curator Claire Breukel and the Cultural Advisory Group, is partnering with virtually every major art and culture institution in Downtown Miami for a three-day celebration that will incorporate numerous free events and exhibitions for the community to enjoy.
The events will take place around all of Downtown with one central informational hub at Grand Central Park at Miami Worldcenter where attendees can pick up a full list of activities and begin their tour of Art Days events.
This year, Car2Go and BeachedMiami are partnering with DWNTWN Art Days to host tours around Downtown Miami venues and the exhibitions. Car2Go will host a tour by vehicle for quick and easy access to Art Days events. BeachedMiami along with Deco Bike will be providing bicycles and arranging bike tours of temporary Art Days art projects as well as permanent Downtown artworks.
Artist Thom Wheeler is also conducting a series of walking tours around some of Downtown Miami’s most exciting artist studios and exhibition spaces. Wheeler will give visitors an insider look in to the work of artists at the DWNTWN Art House at Miami Worldcenter, the Artisan Lounge, and to individual studio spaces.
In addition to the tours, the Miami Trolley will make stops at several key Art Days venues in Downtown. The Trolley route will be published on the Art Days website www.dwntwnarts.com closer to the event.
The following events are taking place during DWNTWN Art Days:
- · Miami Children’s Museum: “Now Read This” Stories through Drama and Design, September 20-22 from 10am-6pm.
- · PAMM: “Discussing the Architecture of the Perez Art Museum Miami presented by AIA and PAMM”, Friday, September 20 at 6pm
- · Freedom Tower: “Activate: MDCulture”, Friday, September 20 from 6-9pm.
- · McCormick Place: “2nd Annual Art Days Fair @ McCormick Place”, Friday, September 20 from 6pm-12am.
- · Dimensions Variable: “Psychogeography Opening Reception”, Friday, September 20 from 6-10pm.
- · Wine by the Bay: “September’s Storm” – A California Wine Tasting and Cultural Event, September 20-21 at 7pm.
- · The Vagabond: “DWNTWN Art Days I – Launch Party” Friday, September 20 at 10 pm.
- · PAMM: “PAMM Family Art Making”, Saturday, September 21 from 12-3pm.
- · Around Downtown: “Beached Miami DWNTWN Art Days Bike Tour”, September 21-22, limited space.
- · Bayfront Park: “National Redbull Flugtag”, Saturday, September 21 from 12-5pm.
- · CIFO: “Water-Balloon Kickball, Round Two / Cannonball vs. CIFO”, Saturday, September 21 from 1-4pm.
- · Olympic Theater at the Gusman Center: “Miami Lyric Opera: Cavalleria Rusticana and Suor Angelica”, Saturday, September 21
- · The Vagabond: “DWNTWN Art Days II – After-Party”, Saturday, September 21 at 10pm.
This year, Art Days debuts the Fringe, a series of temporary public artworks around Downtown curated by guest curator Amanda Sanfilippo. Six projects have been selected from a call to artists that received 55 national proposals. These public artworks or ‘site activations’ aim to insight public interaction in a variety of Downtown venues including Grand Central Park, DRB bar, the Christ Fellowship Church as well as 600 Brickell’s fountain.
For the most up to date information please visit www.dwntwnarts.com.
WHEN: Friday, September 20 – Sunday, September 22
WHERE: DWNTWN Art Days Information Hub
Grand Central Park at Miami Worldcenter
700 N. Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33136